Golf Lesson Terms & Conditions
As a member of and governed by the UK Professional Golfers Association, Steve Furlonger (referred to as SFGP) will be operating a full courtesy towards all clients, in return it is expected that his clients behave in the same mindful manner.
To discuss anything on this page, please contact Steve Furlonger direct. Your cooperation and custom is appreciated.
- All golf lessons are undertaken at your own risk. If you attend a lesson you shall be deemed fit to carry out the movements associated with golf.
- All lessons and packages purchased as a gift voucher have an expiry date 6 months from the date of purchase.
- All lessons and packages NOT purchased as a gift voucher have an expiry date of 6 months or 12 months from the date of the 1st lesson depending on the package size. 6 lesson (6 months), 14 lesson (12 months).
- All lessons and vouchers are NON – transferable and NON – refundable.
- SFGP is not responsible for any gift vouchers / codes which are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Gift vouchers must be presented during the first lesson. Failure to do so may result in a lesson fee being charged
- Other than in exceptional circumstances and at the agreement of SFGP, can lessons be extended beyond their original expiry date.
- A golfer not turning up for their lesson without any prior notification will have to forfeit the full lesson fee.
- If through illness or injury you will be unable to undertake your lesson or lesson package within prior to the expiry date, contact SFGP immediately to discuss and agree a suitable solution.
- A golfer cancelling their lesson within 24 hours of the lesson time will have to forfeit the full lesson fee.
- Cancellation fees will be waived in exceptional circumstances, which will be at the discretion of SFGP.
- If SFGP cancels a lesson within 24 hours, other than for illness, injury or emergency, the golfer will be entitled to rebook the lesson at a later date in addition and in a gesture of goodwill SFGP will also issue a 30 minute lesson credit or bolt on to a current package.
- On very rare occasions and without intent a lesson may over run in time. SFGC will explain at the start of the lesson and will endeavour to make up any lost time by completing the full lesson duration accordingly. If this is of any inconvenience please let SFGP know and he will add a compensation of time to your lesson credit/bank.
- If a client is late without reason, SFGP will reserve the right to end the lesson on the original time. This will be discussed with the client on arrival
- Client lateness through unavoidable circumstances will be discussed at the time of arrival and a suitable resolution made.
- Any booking timing errors made by SFGP will be compensated accordingly and discussed at time of incident. SFGP apologises in advance if this occurs through any human or system error.
- Any code or discount offers will have an expiry date that must be adhered to. Please read the offer or message carefully.
- No extensions or exceptions will be made for expired codes or offers.
- Discounts and codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- A new client is classed as someone who has never received a lesson from SFGP.
- A returning client is someone who hasn’t attended a lesson with SFGP for a minimal of 6 months.
- Codes and offers may not be transferable, please read carefully. If you have any queries regarding a code or discount contact SFGP to resolve.
- Recommend a friend codes or discounts can be issued to golfers who have never had a lesson with SFGP.
The categories of coach’s and pupil information that are collect, held and shared on two platforms that are used by SFGP for coaching, analysis and lesson booking purposes include:
- Personal information (such as usernames, name, addresses, phone numbers, emails addresses, name of golf club they are registered with, name of coach they are registered with, the date and time they first logged in, date and time they last logged in)
- Videos, files and pictures in relation to their sports movement and instruction received from SFGP. This is a function of the GaspSystems, Proagenda and ShotPage websites. SFGP has either purchased or subscribed to use these functions via a program or app produced by these companies.
- Attendance information (such as lesson taken, packages purchased)
We use the pupil data for the following reasons:
- to support pupil learning
- to aid pupil’s scheduling
- to monitor pupil’s progress
- to provide appropriate care and service
- to assess the quality of our service
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide SFGP is mandatory, some of it is provided on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, SFGP will inform you whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to him or if you have a choice in this.
SFGP only uses modern computers and cloud providers for his systems. Any computers that SFGP uses are monitored 24 hours, 7 days a week for all aspects of operational security and performance. They are also equipped with security for intrusion detection, key coded access points, and around-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance.
The cloud based teaching system(s) SFGP uses holds pupil data for a period of two years from when the person accessed their login for the first time.
SFGP does not share information about his pupils with anyone without consent unless the law or policies allow him to do so.